I recently met a person who is a certified Reiki healer, Tiffany. We sat for what must have been an hour while I interviewed her to find out the benefits of Reiki. I wanted to know if it might be an avenue you can use to help overcome the lifelong damage of abuse.
She was incredible in the way she explained all of the reiki energy centers and how the process works. I do believe that for some, this may help. But one thing she was very clear about was the healing that comes from within you and your ability to work on what she finds in your aura and energy fields. So let’s take a very close look at what Reiki energy healing is and how the benefits of Reiki may be an option for you.
Abuse affects your body, mind, and soul. It infiltrates all you do in life. So to work through the emotions and the effects will help you lead a happier, more functional lifestyle. Can Reiki help the healing process? Can it take away the pain and daily awareness of what you went through?
Overview Of Mother Gaia Reiki Healing
Website– Mother Gaia
- Reiki session 30 minutes $44
- Three Reiki sessions $111
- Full healing session, 1-2 hours (Reiki, Aura, Elemental Healing)-$111
History Reiki Energy Healing?
The Japanese first recorded reiki energy healing in 1001. The earliest usage was recorded by the Chinese in 320 BCE. The modern English world first used it in 1970-1975. With this in mind, Reiki healing is fairly new to the western world.
Reiki is now used in inpatient and outpatient hospital settings as supportive care for patients with cancer, AIDS, and surgery.
Things To Consider Before Hiring a Reiki Healer
- Reiki is not a treatment for existing medical conditions and should never take the place of medical treatment such as cancer or heart conditions and many other unnamed illnesses not listed here.
- Reiki is not designed to take care of your problems, but rather it will determine where you need to work on issues within your energy field.
- Reiki works in conjunction with medical modalities to relieve symptoms, not as healing for disease.
How To Find A Good Reiki Energy Healer?
Here is where you need to be really careful when you choose a healer. Anyone can say they are a healer. But not everyone is trained. What to look for when you interview healers:
- Does the healer feel they are healing you? If so, stay away because that person is on a power trip. A Reiki healer is a vessel for healing. Most will have gifts bestowed upon them from God. Yes, I did say God. Gifts such as Clairsentient or Clairaudience. The study linked to Clairaudience clearly talks about a fine line between a true Clairaudience and mental illness.
- Does the healer you interview believe they are communicating with spirits, or is their word coming from God and the Holy Spirit, possibly through his angels?
- Does the Reiki healer you interview have a mentor who works with them for continued training and grounding? It would be easy for a Reiki healer to believe they are an ultimate power. A mentor can ground them and help them continually see that they are but a vessel of God.
Just FYI, I checked out Tiffany, and I feel she is a good healer who stands by her word. If you are looking for a Reiki healer, I can stand behind her integrity and desire to help you the right way. Just click here to access her website and get in touch with her.
7 Major Chakras
Reika healing works with the 7 major chakras that align your body.
- Root chakra. The root chakra is at the base of your spine. It helps you meet challenges and feel stable and secure.
- Sacral chakra is in the pelvic floor or below your belly button. It is sexual emotions.
- Solar plexus chakra is in the area of your stomach and gives self-esteem and confidence. When aligned, it gives you control over your life.
- Heart chakra is in your heart area and deals with the ability to give and receive love.
- Throat chakra is in the throat area and deals with communication.
- Third eye chakra is between both eyes. It has to do with instinct, imagination, and intuition.
- Crown chakra is on top of your head. It is your purpose in life and your connection to self and others.
What Does A Reiki Healer Do?
I took the act of Reiki healing directly from my interview with Tiffany McCormick. She is the founder of the Mother Gaia Reiki website. Reiki healing involves a person who will tap into your energy field. We all have energy around us or an aura around us. It is like meditation. With the gift the healer has, they can feel and possibly see your energy field. Some healers see colors, and some feel positive and negative energy.
I am gifted as a Clairsentient. Although I am not a Reiki healer and have no plans to pursue this field of work, I understand this ability. I feel the negative and positive energy others emit. My extent of using my Clairsentient gift is to run from the negative and migrate toward the positive.
A Reiki energy healer will first ask your permission to check your energy field. You must give consent if you wish for them to continue. One or more of your energy fields may be “clogged,” as Tiffany calls it.
Tiffany wanted to make it clear in our interview that she does not heal you. She can see where your energy fields are strong and where they are weak and then make suggestions. One session does not make for a lifetime of changes.
When you are working through issues from abuse, anything that you may encounter will bring up memories of past events. This is why you have to constantly address problems as they arise.
A Reiki session consists of you relaxing in a prone position with the healer moving their hands over your 7 chakra areas to pick up your energy field. During this process, there is a transfer of energy.
The healer will give suggestions from their findings and talk with you about where your chakras are off-center. At this point, it is your turn to work on the issues. Like when you go to a counselor, they do not fix you, but they will help you see the problem to work through it.
Tiffany said a Reiki healer might suggest you journal or connect with water or the earth. If you need to connect with water, you can go swimming, take a bath or drink more. If it is the earth you need to connect with, it is helpful to get your hands in the dirt and work with flowers. Or write it all down and then burn the paper. These are basic suggestions.
A Reiki session empowers you to work on any issues that are revealed to you during your session. You have a choice to improve or not based on how comfortable you are with the process and findings.
The Benefits Of Reiki Healing
If you never choose to work through the issues of your past abuse, the emotions can turn into physical medical issues. We talked about this in our original post, “How To Overcome Abuse That Infects Your Body, Mind, And Soul.”
There are studies that have some interesting findings on the benefits of Reiki healing that state “This review has found reasonably strong evidence for Reiki being more effective than placebo, suggesting that Reiki attunement leads to a quantifiable increase in healing ability.”
With this study in mind I will list the benefits:
- Promotes relaxation and release of stress
- Balances the mind, body, and soul
- Improves mood and sleep
- Improve pain and anxiety in patients on cancer treatment.
- Improves autonomic nervous system which brings your body to a restful state
- Manage pain
- Energizes your body
- Removes toxins
The Good Points
Pro #1-helps stress and anxiety
Pro #2-promote focus on healing
Pro #3-blind studies prove helpful over placebos
The Bad Points
Con #1-bad if guide is not of God
Con #2-non- gifted reiki healers
Con #3-can be used by some as a medium
Testimonial From The Atlantic
“Reiki treatment, training, and education are now available at many esteemed hospitals in the United States, including Memorial Sloan Kettering, Cleveland Clinic, New York Presbyterian, the Yale Cancer Center, the Mayo Clinic, and Brigham and Women’s Hospital.”
Reiki treatments were offered at a VA center 10 years ago by Jamie, a Reiki healer and continue today. At first it was considered “woo woo” but soon caught on when the results of sessions decreased stress and promoted sleep in patients with PTSD. Jamie said, “Veterans who complained that their body had “forgotten how to sleep” came in for Reiki and were asleep on the table within minutes.”
Many boast the benefits of Reiki energy healing. Yet, some say it is not safe for Catholics and Christians. I studied up on this concern. In my opinion, it depends on the person performing the healing. Are they contributing their powers as a gift from God? Are they giving the glory of healing to the Almighty? And are they using God as their guide? It is imperative that when seeking a Reiki healer, you interview them and find out if they are using a medium that is from the spirit world or is it directly from God, the holy spirit, or angels of God.
The most important takeaway here is Reike is not for everyone. Some may not feel comfortable with it. I have mentioned many times in my article on How to Overcome Abuse that there are many ways to heal. It is your choice to use the methods that you are most comfortable with.
The beliefs I mentioned here are strictly my opinion. I encourage you to research it for yourself if you are considering Reiki healing.
The benefits are documented through studies, although some of the studies are small. Researchers continue to look into this and develop new studies to prove or disapprove of Reiki healing.